Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When Halloween Party Planning Organization is Key

In three days I have a huge Halloween party for my kids. I expect somewhere near 50 kids to arrive, give or take, as I don't know who is bringing brothers and sisters and who is not. I have yet to plan the menu or the games as my youngest son is sick. Today, in a "power planning" session, I am going to get it all organized and ready to roll...if this happens to you, do not panic. As they say in emergency preparation courses, panic leads to death...same for event planning. Without hyperventilating or screaming, gather your resources and make lists for supplies, food ingredients, a menu for sweets and treats, games for the kids, arts and crafts activities, etc. and then strategically plan the event from the moment you wake up until the hour you drop into bed. Organization is absolutely fundamental to success...I have hosted this party for the last five years so it is a bit easier for me to plan the event due to my personal familiarity with the project. However, if you find yourself in this same position, just take a deep breath and make lots of notes and lists. If you are looking for last minute ideas, check out www.party.lifetips.com for some great ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment